The research studies/projects taken up by the institute are as follows:
1. Nodal centre for carrying TB Disease Prevalence Survey under RNTCP.
2. Nodal Centre for Repeat Zonal ARTI Surveys.
3. Study on “Routine Referral of TB patients to integrated Counselling & Testing Centre”.
4. Tobacco Cessation Intervention among the Pulmonary TB cases in selected treatment units of Bangalore District.
5. Assessment of documentation of HIV related information on TB treatment card & relevant records.
6.Review of Articles for journals – 10Nos.
7. Prospective Multi-centric cohort study to asses risk factors for unfavourable treatment outcomes, including recurrent TB, among sputum positive Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients treated with CAT-1 regimen of RNTCP.
8. Disease Prevalence Survey in Nelamangala Taluk
Activities that are planned to be carried out:
i) Multi centric studies on (a) capture – recapture studies to estimate the incidence of TB, (b) TB diagnosis and treatment practices of providers in the private sector and public sector other than public health sector (c) uptake and barriers for HIV testing, ART and CPT among TB cases diagnosed under RNTCP (d) study on relapse and mortality in RNTCP: